Sydney Street East, Thorndon, Wellington originally ran from Lambton/Thorndon Quays, Mulgrave St through parliament grounds and to Tinakori Rd. In 1907 a fire destroyed most of parliament's buildings, except the library. The building of the new headquarters began in 1910 and it split Sydney Street in half. The streets became known as Sydney Street East & Sydney Street West.
Sydney St East was renamed to Kate Sheppard Place in 1993 (as part of the suffragette's centenary). Kate Sheppard (1847-1934) led the charge for New Zealand women to get the vote in 1893 ( world first).
Medium: Ink pens and coloured pencils
Dimensions: Approximately 21cm x 297.7cm (not including frame)
Sydney St East, Wellington
$100.00Price